Before You Buy: Zone Suspension
March 17, 2021
The time has finally come and you're looking to give your truck a little boost with a lift kit, or maybe you're going for a more leveled-out look with a leveling kit.
Either way, Zone Suspension, otherwise known as Zone or Zone Off-Road, has become a popular choice for those on a budget for their suspension upgrades.
In today's Before You Buy guide, we're going to breakdown everything you need to know about Zone Suspension.
Are they reliable? Do they have good reviews? Are they reasonably priced? Let's Dive into it.
Who is Zone Suspension?
Zone suspension, founded in 2002, is a little newer to the suspension game, but they make some awesome kits at a more affordable price than some of the bigger suspension companies like Rough Country and BDS.
Zone Suspension Overview
- Based in Michigan since 2002/2003
- Zone offers leveling kits and lift kits for trucks and Jeeps
- Large presence in the off-road community as well as daily-driver truck and Jeep communities
- Made by enthusiasts who live the same lifestyle
- Everything is engineered, manufactured, and assembled in the United States. And we mean everything.
Owned By BDS Suspension under Fox
- Zone Suspension is owned by BDS and both companies fall under the parent company Fox
- Emphasis on quality parts backed by their worry-free warranty
Affordable Suspension Kits
- Zone Suspension offers more affordable suspension kits to fit the needs of more customers
- With their more affordable prices, the engineering and quality still remains high-quality and offers a great ride
- Lift Kits start between $113 and $250
- Leveling Kits start between $296
- Body Lift Kits start at $375
Are Zone Suspension Lift & Leveling Kits Any Good?
Let's dive into the big question that is: Are Zone Suspension Lift Kits Any Good?!
High Quality Parts
- Quality and engineering are Zone's strong suits at the price they offer their kits at
- All of Zone's engineering & manufacturing is done in house in Michigan, USA
- With Fox and BDS by their side, Zone continues to offer exceptional quality with their functional kits
- Based on customer reviews, Zone suspension lift kits are highly reliable with a proper installation
- Zone offers very functional kits that perform well in a wide variety of terrains with that extra ground clearance
- Overall, very comparable to BDS and Fox suspension kits in terms of quality
- Many of Zone's lift kits can be upgraded with Fox shocks
- The Fox Adventure series is a popular upgrade for Zone Lift Kits
- Also available are the Fox 2.0 and 2.5 coilovers for Ford, Chevy/GMC, Dodge/Ram, Toyota, and Nissan applications
- Fox upgrades increase the performance of your vehicle on and off-road
Final Thoughts: Should You Buy Zone Suspension?
Overall, we think Zone Off-Road is an awesome company. You get great quality components at a price that won't drain your bank account so you still have funds for projects around the house and out in the yard.
What You Need To Know:
- Owned by BDS—under the big dog company, Fox
- Affordable suspension kits that are GREAT quality
- Engineered, manufactured, and assembled 100% in the USA (everything from bolts to CNC'd brackets)
- Offers lift kits, leveling kits, and body lift kits for a wide variety of applications
- Popular in the off-road, lifted-truck, and Jeep communities
- Fox upgrades available for better on and off-road performance (Adventure Series for example)
- Durable suspension components that focus on function, reliability, and quality
Have you run Zone Suspension before? If so, let us know what you think in the comments below!