Before You Buy: Gladiator XComp MT
Author: Sterling Feathers
March 10, 2021
Gladiator Tire is widely known for having great-looking and durable tires. The XComp is actually their most popular tire and for good reason.
In today's Before You Buy guide, we'll break down the important features of this tire that you'll want to know before buying.
- Load Range: F
- Speed Index: Q
- Tire Type: Mud Terrain
- Warranty: Manufactures Warranty Only
XComp MT Tread Design
The XComp from Gladiator is a very rugged tire with a super aggressive tread design that would complete the look of any hardcore off-road build or for trucks that want to power through any terrain at one's leisure.
This is also a very popular tire for show-truck builds because of how aggressive it looks.
- Super aggressive and rugged design that's unmistakable
- Large tread blocks with deep voids
- Provides good contact with the road and other terrains
- Large, jagged shoulder lugs on the tire sidewall
- Some siping that provides better grip in rocky terrain
- Higher level of road noise due to aggressive tread design
XComp MT Performance
The Gladiator XComp MT is a pretty impressive tire for off-road activities. Its design is more exclusive to off-roading though. You can certainly daily drive this tire, but it will be a little noisier.
- Impressive tire for off-road activities
- Very durable in rocky terrains
- With its aggressive tread design, the XComp can handle the roughest conditions
- Perfect for mud, gravel, sand, and other similar elements
- Struggles a little bit in the snow and heavy rain from lack of heavy siping
Even if you're not tackling the roughest trails, the Gladiator XComp MT is still a great choice to travel to tough job sites where you might encounter mud or heavy gravel roads.
Is the XComp MT the best tire for you?
If you're looking for the most off-road performance on a budget, the Gladiator XComp MT is a great option. It has fantastic off-road capabilities and a design that certainly looks the part.
What you Need to Know:
- Decent amount of road noise
- Very aggressive tread pattern and rugged-looking tire
- Durable for rough terrain
- Very popular for show-truck builds, off-roading beasts, and trucks that can handle rocky terrain at any given moment, like traveling to tough jobs sites and taking rough backcountry roads
- Good bargain for what you get | Price starts around $1,000 for a set of the XComp MT
We hope this guide gave you a better idea of whether or not the XComp MT fits your needs.
Let us know if you've run this tire and if you would recommend it in the comments below!